The 4 Cheese Paratha with Chili & Herbs is something that I make when I am short of vegetables at home. I wanted to make something tasty and crispy, something that could go with my green garlic chutney and yoghurt that I had in the fridge. I wasn’t sure at first as to how the combination of four different types of cheese in an Indian dish would work. But it turned so good that we ended up overeating.
Serve 4 Cheese Paratha with Chili & Herbs with pickle of your choice or Garlic Chutney and a bowl of hung yogurt.
The cheese I chose for my Four Cheese Paratha were Paneer (Indian Cottage Cheese), Cheddar Cheese, Amul’s Mozzarella and Kraft’s Parmesan and combined them with fresh garlic greens from my kitchen garden.
Cuisine: North Indian
Equipments Used: Roti Tawa, Steel Mixing Bowl
Servings : 4 Persons
Prep Time : 20 Minutes
Cook Time : 30 Minutes
1-1/2 cups Whole Wheat flour
1 cup Mozzarella cheese, grated
1/4 cup Cheddar cheese, grated
1/4 cup Paneer (Homemade Cottage Cheese), crumbled
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, powdered /grated
3 Spring Onion (Scallion) greens, or garlic greens, finely chopped
2 Green Chillies, 2 green chilies, finely chopped
Salt, to taste
Ghee, or oil to smear while cooking
- To begin making 4 Cheese Paratha with Chili & Herb Recipe, we will first get all the cheese grated and kept aside. Next we will make the dough for the paratha.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the whole wheat flour, salt (about 1/2 teaspoon) and little water at a time to make a soft and smooth dough.
- In another mixing bowl, combine the Cheddar Cheese, Paneer, Parmesan and half of Mozzarella and mix it with garlic heads, the greens and green chilies Add the salt to taste and the Cheese Stuffing for the parathas is now ready.
- The next step is to make the parathas. Preheat and grease a skillet on medium heat. Divide the dough into large lemon size portions.
- Dust the portions of the paratha dough in flour, pat to make it flat and roll into a small 3 inch diameter circle. Spoon a large tablespoon of the four cheese paratha stuffing onto the center of the dough.
- Bring the ends of the dough towards the center and seal the stuffing with the dough and press it down flat. Dust the stuffed cheese paratha on flour and roll gently to make a thick paratha.
- Roll the stuffed dough ball carefully so as not to spill the cheese out. A bit of cheese stuffing will come up but that’s ok.
- Carefully lift the rolled paratha and place on the greased skillet. Drizzle some oil/ghee and cook the paratha on both the sides until golden brown and crisp.
- Just before taking the paratha out of the pan, sprinkle a bit of Mozzarella on one side of the paratha and cover the pan for 30 seconds. The cheese will melt and become stringy. This is when you take it out of the pan. Proceed the same way with the remaining paratha and serve hot.
- Serve 4 Cheese Paratha with Chili & Herb along with with Garlic Chutney and hung yogurt.
This is easy recipe when you need to make something fast, Hope so you like it. Thanks.