Everyone loves cinnamon stars. You cannot distinguish vegan cinnamon stars from regular cinnamon stars when it comes to the taste. Also, they make a gorgeous decorative element on your cookie plate of vegan cookies, which you can serve your guests in good conscience at Christmas time.
Servings : 2 Person
Total Time: 2 Hours 48 Minutes
|400 g||powdered sugar|
|300 g||almonds (ground)|
|400 g||hazelnuts (ground)|
|2 Tbsp||orange zest (grated)|
|2 Tbsp||lemon juice|
|320 g||powdered sugar|
1. Put powdered sugar, almonds, hazelnuts, cinnamon and orange zest into a bowl and quickly mix it.
2. Add water and lemon juice and work all of it into a dough. Even if it looks as if there were not enough fluids, hand knead your dough.
3. Roll out the dough at approx. 1cm thickness on a floury surface, cut out the forms you’d like – traditionally stars – and put those on a tray (covered with baking paper). Let the cookies dry for approx. 2 hours
4. Place the baking tray in the middle of the oven and bake at 200 °C for approx. 8 minutes
5. Create a thick icing from the remaining powdered sugar and water and cover the baked cookies with it. You can do this with the backside of a spoon – but it is better and quicker if you dip the top of your cookies into the icing real quick and remove the dripping icing with a palette knife. Let the icing dry completely prior to stacking your cinnamon stars!